adapted from source
The ethics of online journalism are, ultimately, no different than the ethics of journalism.
Ethical Online Journalism is . . .
Honest* No plagiarized text, images, audio or video
* Sources linked to the original
* What factors influence the decision to publish
* Bias - Personal or professional connections to people or groups
* Publisher of site, or who pays for site
* Advertising (by labeling as ads, not embedded advertorial)
* Earnings from links on the page
* Conflicts of interest ( gifts, payments or honoraria)
* Facts , not just others' opinions, are used evidence to support comments & arguments. (Check guide to reporting to find out how journalists find real data, not someone else's spin or repetition of an urban myth.
* Of readers & subjects of articles ( links to subject's side of the story).