PRESCRIBED LEARNING OUTCOMES
It is expected that students will:
• identify and clarify a problem, an issue, or an
inquiry (questioning toolkit)
• select and summarize information from
primary and secondary print and non-print
sources, including electronic sources
• assess the reliability, currency, and objectivity
of different interpretations of primary and
secondary sources (lesson models)
• defend a position on a controversial issue
after considering a variety of perspectives
• plan, revise, and deliver formal oral and
• co-operatively plan, implement, and assess a
course of action that addresses the problem,
issue, or inquiry initially identified
ASSESSING INFORMATION: Questions to ask...
Is the information...
- Relevent to my needs ?
- Current ?
- Comprehensve, covers the subject well / corroborated by other sources ?
- Good quality? / well-written ?
- Objective ?
- Reliable ?