DATE ASSIGNED ASSIGNMENTS
- Don't forget the quiz on Thursday - Sub Verb AGR
- FOUR CREATIVE WRITING ASSIGNMENTS TO SUBMIT THURSDAY
- Extended metaphor
- Life in a Box
- Two settings
- The Debate Essay
- Elliot's Killer Writing Exercise
- Narrative follow-up to dialogue lead
- Dialogue due.
- Complete the second poetry response
- Poetry analyses
- Complete "Of Mice & Men"
- Poetry response mastery 'Father and Son' or 'Cats in the Cradle' due Tuesday
- Refine your extended metaphor
- See http://www.bestlibrary.org/murray/2006/09/prose.html for an example
- Extended Metaphor
- "Daddy" quiz
- Three poetry responses:
- Sadie and Maude / Warren Pryor / My Papa's Waltz - a roll of the die will determine your fate.
- Faulty Parallelism quiz
- Sadie & Maude poetry response 200-250 words
- "Curious Incident" lit responses were due Monday
- COMPLETE CHART use this Genius+Insane
- FINISH reading "Curious Incident" by Friday - in class paper
- COLLECT INSANE GENIUS INFO FROM BLOG
- "Curious Incident" complete second set of readings.
- TWO ASSIGNMENTS DUE MONDAY! asylum and psycho
- Psycho poem - due Mar 9
- Asylum - composition - due Mar 9
- Re read The Yellow Wallpaper
- Try to determine who is John and an explanation for the wallpaper metaphor.
- First person narrative / descriptive 1 pg
- Quiz Friday SUBJECTS AND VERBS
- Read "Retouching Epidemic"
- Revise "Death Over Water"
- Read Chapter 8 in Essay Essentials.
- Take notes on page 102 "Coherence Strategies" for "Composition" section
- Complete Exercises Orally
- Chart ideas for "Surprises make life interesting"
- Read "How to say nothing in 500 words"
- Take a few notes