MAY 3 - DRAFT ONE OF SHORT STORY (PLOT) COMPLETED BY MONDAY!!!!!
MAY 1 - COMPOSITION 75 MARKS - 3-5 PAGE SHORT STORY
due next week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
APR 25 - "OBSESSION" due tomorrow
- Rewrite Misery response and do corrections
novel projects are overdue - last day is tomorrow.
APR 24 - "Obsession" composition is due Thursday. Be sure you are incorporating Poe's style in your composition.
APR 13 - MARKS CUT OFF IS MONDAY - If any COMPOSITION has not been submitted by the beginning of class on Monday, the course will be considered INCOMPLETE.
APR 11 - Complete Complex Sentence worksheet and Punctuation page
APR 5 - Read Most Dangerous Game and answer the questions.
APR 2 - Read the Ledge and answer the questions.
MAR 2 -
- Work on your novel project; DON'T PROCRASTINATE - free up your Spring Break.
- Write a Show Don't Tell descriptive paragraph on "The Night was Cold." 8-12 sentences
- Write a second paragraph (10-15 SENTENCES), placing your character in a situation on a cold night. This paragraph should be of a single moment, include your character, feature your character doing something (this will allow for action verbs), should include description of your character and include description of the cold.
YOU WILL THEREFORE SUBMIT TWO PARAGRAPHS ON YOUR RETURN!
- Complete pages 17 &18 in the Mechanics Booklet (frags) and do some of the online quizzes on page 18.
FEB 28 - Word story - limit 250 words
- Fragment worksheet
FEB 24 - 10-12 sentences: Describing a character's face
FEB 23 - 8-12 sentences: The Fire Raged
- Quiz on Subjects and Verbs
FEB 22 - Revise the Boat Sank
- Complete Subject Verb wksheet
- Subject Verb quiz Friday
FEB 16 - Combine yesterday's "Bad Storm" with today's "The Boat Sank."
FEB 15 - Show Don't Tell 10-15 sentences "The Storm was Bad."
FEB 14 - HIghlight verbs in your "Car Crashed" descriptioin.
FEB 10 - 8 -10 sentence descriptive paragraph on "The Car Crashed."
FEB 9 - Poetry Response: Richard Cory Download RICHARD CORY
- Prepositional phrases quiz
FEB 8 - Complete worksheet on Combining with Prepositions
FEB 7 - Correct quotations in "The Corner" / "I am a Rock" for tomorrow.
FEB 1 - for THURSDAY - Revise "The Corner" for organization and transition
FEB 1 - Wednesday - Get the letter signed!