Students will be able to…
- Demonstrate skills essential for safety and security in the digital world; protection of passwords, personal privacy, privacy of others etc.,
- Analyze and evaluate their digital footprint and continue to develop it at a level that is appropriate to their current developmental stage
- Identify and manage their personal barriers to access including: online distractions created by the manufacturers and sellers of ideas and products.
- Explain that their online presence is a form of media, the central unifying concept of media education being that the media do not reflect reality but re-present it using symbolic or sign systems.
- Protect and respect the intellectual property rights of themselves and others.
- Use online citation tools