(bonus) Choose one of American, North African Front, Italy to add to the above.
2) The timelines should be separate but where events cross two or more lines, you will need to illustrate and connect that event.
3) Also note that you are expected to include specific dates. Some may be a "range of dates".
4) For each event, you need to explain the significance of that event to the war. For example:
"The Battle of Britain could arguably be Germany's first defeat in WWII. This is considered a turning point because prior to this point, Germany gained more territory, this was the first attempt by Germany to take over territories that failed."
6) The final project will be done on large paper roll sheets so you must have a draft/layout and all your materials collected before working on the final product (so you don't waste paper).
|Asia and the Pacific|
|Pacific Naval War|
Perry-Castañeda Library World War II Maps
Theatres of War ( maps)
7) List of must haves:
- Appeasement (multiple events)
- Enabling Act
- 5 Years Plan
- March on Rome
- Night of the Long Knives
- Nuremburg Laws
- Nazi-Soviet Non-Aggression Pact
- Blitzkrieg (multiple events)
- Phoney War
- Operation Dynamo/ Dunkirk
- Battle of Britain
- The Blitz
- Dieppe Landings
- Operation Barbarossa
- Battle of the Atlantic (range)
- Pearl Harbour
- Ghettos (multiple)
- Coral Sea
- Lend Lease Act
- Munich Pact/ Conference
- Kellogg-Briand Pact
- Rape of Nanking
- Tripartite Pact
- El Alamein (separate front)
- Locarno Pact
- Leyte Gulf
- Iwo Jima
- Battle of the Bulge
Does not meet
More than is included on the list
All are included from the list
Missing some events
Missing a significant percentage of events
Is made with clear and extended explanations.
Causes and effects are explained in detail.
Clear and obvious. Causes and effects are explained.
Lacks a clear logical conclusion. Causes and effects are sometimes missing.
Conclusion is unrelated. No attempt to comment on the causes or effects of an event.
Dates are specific and all necessary connections are made clearly. Chronology is correct.
All connections accounted for.
Most dates are specific and clear connections are made between events. Most connections accounted for
Chronology is correct.
Dates are too vague. Some connections are missing.
Chronology has some mistakes.
Dates are missing.
No connections made.
Major mistakes in chronology.
Timeline is clear and carefully created. Illustrations capture the significance of the event.
Timeline is clear and illustrations are effective in illustrating the event.
Timeline is generally clear.
Illustrations are limited or do not fully relate to the event
Timeline is unclear. Illustrations are not given at all or do not relate to the event.